Call for Entrants
adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships
Gastein / SalzburgerLand
Alpen Arena Bad Hofgastein; Kurpromenade 2, 5630 Bad Hofgastein, Austria
Planet Talk GmbH, Spinnereiinsel 3A, 83059 Kolbermoor, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0)8031 354 650
Mountain rescue service
Race Director: Mike Hamel
Route Manager: Sibylle Schild
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships Gastein / SalzburgerLand are a trail running event in (high) alpine terrain which requires its competitors to have specific capabilities.
By enrolling, the competitor acknowledges that it is mandatory for him/her to comply with the competition rules, all existing laws of the State of Salzburg and Hohe Tauern National Park, and the legislation and code of procedure, as well as the terms and conditions of the Organiser.
June 15, 2018, or whenever the maximum number of competitors is reached
Late on-site registration will be possible (provided that places are still available) on Thursday June 21, 2018, from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and on Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Race Office.
- 500 competitors Vertical Open
- 333 relay teams (each with three competitors) for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships Gastein / SalzburgerLand
The total prize purse is 40,000 euros. The World Champions in all categories receive 6,666 euros prize money per team. A total of 6,000 euros are rewarded to the fastest woman and man on each loop.
According to Austrian law 20 percent withholding tax must be paid directly to the Austrian tax office if the recipient of the prize money is not registered in Austria.
|Women, Men & Mixed Teams|
|1st place||EUR 6.666,00|
|2nd place||EUR 3.333,00|
|3rd place||EUR 1.111,00|
Thursday June 21, 2017
12:00 noon – 8:00 pm Race Office open
Friday June 22, 2017
10:00 am – 4:00 pm Race Office open
10:00 am – 6:00 pm adidas INFINITE TRAILS Village open
4:00 pm Vertical Open/Prologue race briefing at the Alpen Arena
5:00 pm Start of Prologue at the Alpen Arena, Bad Hofgastein
10:00 pm Finish closes on the Stubnerkogel
11:00 pm End of welcome party on the Stubnerkogel
12:00 midnight Last cable car from the Stubnerkogel into the valley
Saturday June 23, 2017
8:30 am – 9:30 am Morning run with sports legends (5 km)
10:30 am – 11:30 Yin Yoga session at the Alpentherme
10:00 am – 7:00 pm adidas INFINITE TRAILS Village open
11:00 am – 2:00 pm Brunch at the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Village
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm WCH race briefing (German) at the Kursaal
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm WCH race briefing (English) at the Kursaal
3:00 pm – 5:30 pm Race numbers issued
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm adidas TERREX open-air cinema (weather permitting)
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Public Viewing Fifa World Cup Germany – Sweden
Sunday June 24, 2017
4:00 am – 5:00 am Start of adidas INFINITE TRAILS WCH
6:00 am – 1:00 am Athletes Garden open
6:30 am – 1:00 am adidas RELOAD Center
Approx. 6:30 am 1st team in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena (Runner 1)
10:00 pm Cut-off for Loop 1 – Bad Hofgastein
Approx. 12:15 pm 1st team in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena (Runner 2)
Approx. 3:45 pm Winning team scheduled to finish at the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena
7:00 pm Cut-off for Loop 2 – Sportgastein
7:00 pm Cut-off for Loop 2 – Bad Hofgastein
9:00 pm – 01:00 am Celebrate the Champions
incl. award ceremony at the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena
9:00 pm Cut-off for Loop 3 – Biberalm
10:00 pm Cut-off for Loop 2 – Präaualm
11:00 pm Cut-off for loop 3 – Dorfgastein refreshment point
01:00 midnight Finish closes / Cut-off Alpen Arena Bad Hofgastein
Transponder timing. The transponder will be provided by the Organiser. Competitors may not use their own transponders. The transponder must be returned after the end of the Event. If the competitor does not return or damages the transponder, he/she will be charged its purchase price.
The Vertical Open in an individual uphill race. It will start at the Alpen Arena, Bad Hofgastein, and finish on the Stubnerkogel, Bad Gastein. As the Prologue for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships, it will be used to determine the starting positions for the three-person relay. Competing in this race is mandatory for all competitors in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships.
Athletes who only wish to take part in the Vertical Open may also start the Vertical Open as an individual race for “open classification”.
Vertical Open entry fees:
The Vertical Open will serve as a Prologue for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships. The registration fee is included in the starter package for the three-person teams and does not need to be paid separately. The entry fee for individual starters is EUR 33.00.
The Vertical Open starter package consists of the following:
- adidas participants gift
- Trip down in the Stubnerkogel cable car on Friday
- Summit party on the Stubnerkogel after finishing the race
- Refreshments during the race on Friday
- Clothing transported to the finish
- Shuttle back to the start
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships Gastein / SalzburgerLand will start at the Alpen Arena, Bad Hofgastein, and each of the three members of each relay team will complete a different loop, with all of these ending back in the Alpen Arena, Bad Hofgastein. All women’s, men’s and mixed teams that complete the route according to the rules, and within the time limits, and finish the race together will be classified for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships.
There will be a chasing start, whereby the order in which the teams start and the intervals between their start times will be determined using their placings in the Prologue (Vertical Open) on Friday. The maximum difference between the start times of the first and last teams will be 60 minutes.
Routes and entry fees:
Three different loops will be completed, with each starter in a team running a different loop. After the third runner has arrived at the transition zone, the team will complete a fourth “lap of honour” (approx. 1 km) together and arrive at the finish together.
The entry fee for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships is EUR 111.00 per person or EUR 333.00 for the whole team. This also includes the entry fee for the Prologue on Friday.
The starter package for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships includes:
- adidas participants gift
- Trip down in the Stubnerkogel cable car on Friday
- Summit party on the Stubnerkogel after finishing the race (Friday)
- Refreshments during the race (Friday and Sunday)
- Clothing transported to the finish (Friday)
- Shuttle back to the start (Friday)
- Dinner voucher for Saturday
- Brunch on Saturday
- 3-hour entry pass for the Alpentherme, Bad Hofgastein, on Sunday
- Finisher shirt
- Finisher certificate
You need a place to stay. Our adidas INFINITE TRAILS partner hotels designed a special hotel package. Click here for more information.
You can collect your start documents at the Race Office in the congress centre on Thursday from 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm, and on Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Before receiving your starter package you must first sign a liability form and a short medical brief (info for our rescue staff).
After the competition, competitors will be able to relax at the Alpentherme and use its wide range of facilities, including its sauna and thermal bathing lake, as well as receiving free physiotherapy and massages at the adidas RELOAD Center (Sunday from 6:30 am to 1:oo am). There will also be a pasta buffet where competitors can load up on carbohydrates.
On Sunday, after the official award ceremony of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships at 9:00 pm, all finishers will be celebrated in the Alpen Arena until cut-off.
For the relay, three competitors must go to the start. No competitor may complete more than one individual route.
There will be no classification for the individual competitors in the relay team. Women’s, men’s and mixed relay teams are permitted, irrespective of age groups. The minimum age for competitors is 18.
(1) Organisation of the event
- The organizer can change the sequence of the event, delay the start of the event, end the event early, cut it short, interrupt or abandon the event if, in his opinion, the conditions on the race day are unsafe or if official directives or force majeure make this necessary. In these cases, the organiser is under no obligation to compensate the participants; however, in the case that the event is abandoned for reasons for which the participant is not responsible, the organiser will return the entrance fee to the participant pro rata to the advancement of the event. All participants agree that the safety of the participants, the service-providers and the organiser’s staff are of paramount importance.
- The participant is obliged to attend the safety briefings which are offered and to comply with the safety instructions in all respects. Failure to comply with the safety instructions can result in disqualification or exclusion.
(2) The participant’s responsibility for his/her own person
- The participant knows that his/her participation in this event is associated with risks
- The participant confirms and states that he/she agrees that he/she is responsible for ascertaining whether he/she is sufficiently fit and healthy in both physical and mental terms to be able to take part in this event without misgivings.
- The organiser is entitled, but only obligated if corresponding legal or contractual requirements exist, to exclude a participant from taking part if, in the organiser’s opinion, the participant fails to meet the requirements for a proper and, as far as can be seen in normal conditions, participation with the minimum possible risks.
- This also applies if the participant infringes the conditions of participation or safety instructions and a warning does not seem likely to prevent a repetition of the infringement.
- The participant can derive no entitlements from the exclusion in so far as the exclusion was not arbitrary.
- The organiser’s entitlement to exclude a participant does not release the participant from his/her responsibility and also does not involve any obligation of surveillance or control on the part of the organiser over and above the obligation of surveillance or control imposed by law or contract.
(4) Medical treatment / insurance
- If a participant should require medical treatment during the event, the participant hereby states that he/she consents to such treatment in advance. Medical services are not included in the entry fee and will be invoiced directly to the participant according to the usual medical tariffs.
- The organiser does not provide any insurance cover for medical treatment and is under no obligation to do so. The participant is responsible for having adequate insurance cover for medical treatment. The participant is particularly recommended to conclude a suitable accident insurance policy. The organiser has no liability for this.
(5) The organiser’s liability
The organiser is not liable for material or financial losses incurred by the participant caused by ordinary negligence on the part of the organiser or that of his legal representatives or vicarious agents. However, he is liable for material or financial losses incurred by the participant caused by gross negligence or intent on his part or that of his legal representatives or vicarious agents; he is also liable for every kind of loss of life, bodily injury or impairment of health by the participant caused by negligence and intent on the part of the organiser.
(6) The participant’s personal rights
- By registering for participation, the participant irrevocably transfers to the relevant organiser (Planet Talk GmbH, Spinnereiinsel 3A, 83059 Kolbermoor, Germany) the right and grants the organiser permission to distribute and publish the photos, cinematographic images and interviews of/with the participant created in connection with participation in the event without any entitlement to remuneration as a video, CD, DVD, broadcast, telecast, podcast, webcast, photograph, advertisement or promotional material unrestricted in place and time and also to use such images etc. in reports and for promotional purposes.
- The participant also agrees that the organiser may forward the images to adidas(adidas AG, Adi-Dassler-Strasse 1, D-91074 Herzogenaurach) Gastein (Gasteinertal Tourismus GmbH,Tauernplatz 1, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Salzbugerland(Salzbugerland Tourismus GmbH Wiener Bundesstraße 32, A-5300 Hallwang), Gore-Tex(W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Aiblingerstr. 60, D-83620 Feldkirchen-Westerham), Salzburg AG(Bayerhamerstraße 16, A – 5020 Salzburg), PowerBar(Active Nutrition International GmbH, Zielstattstraße 42, D – 81379 München), AGM(ADEG Zell am See GmbH, Zellerstraße 27, A-5751 Maishofen), Gasteiner (Gasteiner Mineralwasser GmbH, Erlengrundstraße 14, A-5640 Bad Gastein), Mastertent (Master Tent GmbH & Co. KG, Fuggerstraße 2, D-85646 Anzing), Gasteiner Bergbahnen AG(Bundesstraße 567, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Alpentherme (Sen.-W.-Wilflingplatz 1, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Austrian (Austrian Airlines AG, Office Park 2, A-1300 Wien Flughafen), Edelweiss Alkoholfrei (Brau Union Aktiengesellschaft, Poschacherstraße 35, A-4020 Linz), Ein Gastein, (Wirtschaftsverein EIN GASTEIN, Breitenberg 65, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein),for their use there in promotion associated with the event. For the sake of clarity it is stated that the image and audio rights pertaining to the event are held exclusively by the organiser.
(7) Data protection
You will find our Data Protection Notice displayed at the registration.
(8) Other conditions of participation
- The above clauses are conditions of participation in the event; this also applies to regulations for the relevant event about which the participants are informed on registration.
- Every participant receives a transponder chip for timekeeping during the registration process. If the competitor does not return or damages the transponder, he/she will be charged its purchase price.